Getting Started Guide
Welcome to the Nightingale OS platform!
Once you get oriented, the details about how to use the platform will quickly blend into the background for you.
- You'll have an ordinary JupyterLab environment.
- You'll see all datasets in an ordinary directory in your user home.
- You'll be able to manage your own virtual environment and install PyPI packages.
The goal of this guide is to get you up and running with the few concepts that you need to understand:
- What projects and instances are
- How to choose an instance size
- How to manage your personal and shared data
- How to fund a project
- What you can do with the ngsci package in your notebooks
Please be mindful that you may not download anything from the
~/datasets directory in your JupyterLab environment. This is where you find partner data, as defined in the Nightingale Terms of Service. You may download your own derived works.
Our data partners entrust Nightingale and the research community with sensitive data. Please ensure these important datasets can remain available by following appropriate data handling procedures.
Good luck! 🚀